JungleDocs 365: Configuring Word document templates for autofilling
- Open your Word template (docx).
- Turn on the Developer ribbon in Word.
File -> Options -> Customize Ribbon -> Check “Developer” -> OK.
- Insert Content Control into a document template.
Plain Text Content Control is limited to content that cannot contain any formatting, only plain text. It limits the formatting to the formatting that is applied around the content control. You can change the formatting by making changes to the surrounding formatting.
Rich Text Content Control can contain custom formatted text or other items, such as tables, pictures, or other content controls.
Picture Content Control can fill the content control with a single picture.
Please note Microsoft Office 2010 has a 64 character limit for every tag field. If your tag contains more than 64 characters, you should use MS Word 2013 or 2016 for your template configuration, as it doesn't have that limitation.
- Open Content Control Properties:
- Enter Tag field value. The tag field is used to specify a formula for JungleDocs (field name, lookup field name, formula or JungleDocs function).
For example, enter “Customer” to fill the Company Name:
- Save the document template.
- Create a new document using this template in JungleDocs, select Customer value from lookup column:
- And the end result should like this: