JungleDocs 365: Configuring Word document merging (Small parts)
JungleDocs 365 is able to merge multiple smaller documents into a template. For that you need to create a library to store the smaller documents - we call them Small Parts - and configure the main document template accordingly.
Creating a Small Parts library
There are no specific requirements for the library, but we strongly advise distributing your smaller documents across folders in the library. You can choose what folders to include in the document template configuration, so when you run JungleDocs 365, unnecessary folders will not be shown.
- To configure the Small Parts library, first create the library. To start, click Settings.
- Now add an app. Select Document Library.
- Enter the name and click OK. Now you should create folders that will represent the groups of items in the library.
Configuring a document template
1. Now start editing the main template. Open the document template in Word. You can open it directly from its location, or from JungleDocs 365 interface. Launch JungleDocs from the ribbon, there the main template is assigned and press "Edit":
In Edit JungleDocs Template settings select Edit Template link:
2. Your content type template will be opened in Word. Now you need to add a special placeholders for merging small documents (Small Parts) to this template.
Choose the place where you would like your Small Parts to be inserted and in Word's Developer tab select "Rich text content control" to add a placeholder.
In the content controls properties write "Small Part: Folder name" for the folders from your Small Parts library. Remember: one content control for one Small Part Folder.
When you place those content controls in the template, they can be replaced by the content of the document/multiple documents from the folder they represent in the Small Parts library.
We recommend placing every Small Parts content control in a separate page for the best merging result.
Leave only those content controls that are relevant to the final document.
3. Save the template and close.
Configuring a JungleDocs 365 rule
All you need to do at this point is specify the Small Parts library location in the JungleDocs Template settings.
1. To do that, run JungleDocs 365 at the library where the main document template is located, and select the template that will be used for document merging, in our case the "Tender Proposal", and edit it:
2. Under "Small Parts library location" click "Browse" and select your Small Parts library:
3. Save the settings. Now JungleDocs will indicate that the rule has a Small Parts library assigned to it:
To select the Small Parts you need in the document, run JungleDocs, and then run the rule with Small Parts:
Now you will be able to select the Small Parts that you want to be merged into the template:
Simply drag and drop the ones you need and click OK.