JungleDocs | Modifying document templates
JungleDocs works with templates. That is why it is important to be able to modify your document templates to fit your needs. In this tutorial you will learn how to modify your document templates. First we will talk about modifying existing document templates before moving on to modifying custom templates.
- Modifying existing document templates.
- Modifying custom templates
Note: For better manageability we suggest to have a content types structure implemented. However, if you do not use content types you will still be able to easily modify document templates.
Modifying existing document templates
- To start editing the template, navigate to the source list/library that you will use to create your documents and reports, launch JungleDocs. Now select the rule you want to edit the template for. Click on the drop-down menu arrow and click "Edit template".
You will also find the rule in Document template section. If you use an existing document as a template you can click "Edit template" and JungleDocs will open the template for editing. In order to include content controls which could be filled automatically you should click "Generate sample document" and open a sample document containing all of the content controls that are available for that content type or list.
Note: Content controls are specific Word document elements that, if detected by JungleDocs, will be filled with data from SharePoint.
- Click on "Edit template".
- Copy all of the required content controls from the sample document to the template.
- Don't forget to save the changes you have made. Your template is now ready for use!
Modifying custom templates
- To start modifying a custom template, select "Custom template" in the rule settings, and click "Manage Custom Template…".
- You will be given two options. The first option: to specify the URL of an existing document in your SharePoint. The second option: to upload a new document from your machine:
Note: Uploaded documents will be saved in the current lists’ "System" location. This means they will be exported together with the list if you decide to save it as a template.