JungleDocs | Merging multiple PowerPoint files into one
With JungleDocs you can easily merge multiple PowerPoint files into one. The process is very similar to Word document merging using Small Parts with JungleDocs. In this tutorial, you will learn how to do this.
There are three steps you will have to go through. They are as follows:
- Create a PowerPoint Small Parts Library
- Configure your PowerPoint Template
- Configure your JungleDocs rule
1. Create a PowerPoint Small Parts Library
1. To start create a library for your PowerPoint Small Parts.
2. Now create folders in this library and copy the slides into the folders according to topic. We use one PowerPoint slide per file, but this is just a recommendation.
2. Configure your PowerPoint template
Now that you have created a PowerPoint Small Parts library it is time to move on to your PowerPoint template.
Modify the main PowerPoint document template to point to the Small Parts folders. To do this, enter Small Part: FolderName into the slide you are creating and reference to a particular Small Part slides folder.
For example: Small Part: Introduction
Note: Unlike in Word, there are no content controls in PowerPoint. So you simply write the text in a slide. Use one slide for one Small Part Folder.
Note: You should only use Title text box (Click to add title) in the PowerPoint template for your Small Parts configuration:
3. Configure your JungleDocs rule
Now that you have configured your PowerPoint template you can move onto working on the JungleDocs rule.
1. Create a library for storage of the generated presentations, add the Content type with the configured template and required columns.
2. In thist library, launch JungleDocs from the ribbon. In the New tab you will automatically see all rules based on the library content types.
3. Click on the arrow down to edit the base rule. In this example it is "Presentation".
4. Provide a location for Small Parts. Click Browse to navigate to the correct library:
5. Edit other rule settings if needed.
Once the Small Parts library is defined the JungleDocs rule icon will say so.
6. You can also decide to create a new base rule with different settings for another template.
7. You are all set to go now. You can start assembling your presentations by clicking on the JungleDocs rule you’ve just created or edited. Once everything is done you should see something similar to the image below:
Note: In the Content type template you can have one slide pointing to one Small Part folder in your Small Parts library. You will be able to include tens of documents from that folder by clicking the checkboxes. You can insert 5 slides or 25, simply by using the same setup and templates.