JungleDocs 365 | Installing the app manually
The JungleDocs 365 app will be released in the SharePoint Store soon. However, you can already download the full version here and manually add it to the App Catalog so that it is available to add to your Sites.
In this tutorial you will learn how to upload and install the JungleDocs 365 app on your Office 365 environment.
Note: To install JungleDocs 365 manually on a tenant scope, you must be a Tenant Admin.
Before you begin
Before you begin, make sure that your Office 365 environment has an App Catalog. This is needed to make custom business apps available. Learn how to create an App Catalog on your environment here.
Step 1 - Navigate to the app site
1. Go to the SharePoint Admin Center: click Admin > SharePoint
2. Navigate to your app catalog site using the URL in the Site Collections list or under apps -> App Catalog:
3. Navigate to "Apps for SharePoint".
Step 2 - Upload app
4. Click New and Upload the app file you downloaded. Make sure the app is enabled.
5. Once it is enabled you will find it under "Apps you can add" in your SharePoint sites.
Step 3 - Add app to site collection
6. Open your SharePoint Online portal and navigate to the site where you want to enable the JungleDocs 365 app. (You will have to repeat this for every Site Collection on which you want to use JungleDocs 365).
7. Click on the gear icon to open site actions menu.
8. Click on "Add an app".
9. Find JungleDocs 365 under "Apps you can add" and click on it.
10. Accept the app's permission request by clicking on the “Trust It” button.
11. Go grab a cup of coffee while the app is added to your site.
When the app is added successfully, you will see the app icon appear in your Site Content.
Step 4 - Launching the app
Go to the document library where you are going to create documents and start JungleDocs 365 from the ribbon.
Note: Depending on if you are using Classic or Modern view there are different ways in which to open the app. Find all of them here.
Note: If you are using a new library experience in SharePoint Online, switch the Library experience to classic view to be able to use the Ribbon functionality. You can do it from Library settings -> Advanced settings - to change the experience to a particular library; or via Admin -> SharePoint -> Settings -> List and Library settings - to set the experience to all SharePoint Online sites.