JungleDocs for Office 365 | GetVersions() function
You can use JungleDocs 365 to generate Documents with version summaries. To do this you will need to configure the JungleDocs template accordingly. In this tutorial you will learn how to do this.
1. Configuring your template
The key to configuring your template is the "repeated section". This is a table with nested content controls that allows multiple items to be inserted into it.
Let's see how to configure the template.
1. To use the function, create a table, select one row and add a content control to it by pressing the "Rich Text Content Control" button in the Developer tab's ribbon:
2. Now click "Properties" and put the GetVersion function that you want to use in "Tag" and "Title" fields of the content control and press OK:
Note: Microsoft Office 2010 has a 64 character limit for the tag field, so it is better to use MS Office 2013 or 2016 to configure templates.
3. Now you need to add more content controls that will represent columns from the documents/lists you will be using.
Note: for plain text columns - insert plain text content control and in the tag field enter the column name (we recommend to use internal names) of the Companies list;
If you want to insert a image from picture column - then insert a Picture Content Control.
2. Using the GetVersion() function
There are several ways in which you can use the GetVersion() function, these are listed below:
GetVersions(rowLimit majorVersionsOnly; ascendingOrder),
GetVersions(rowLimit; majorVersionsOnly; ascendingOrder; imitateNextVersion),
Returns the list (RecordSet) of document or item versions. Example:
GetVersions(3; True; False; True)