JungleMail | Preparing configuration for tracking and subscription
In order to Track email opens, link clicks, subscribe, unsubscribe of external users or users connecting via external/mobile devices, the JungleMail Tracker and JungleMail for SharePoint Subscription web parts need to be placed on an External SharePoint site collection with enabled anonymous access. To do this, we recommend creating a new web application and site collection. In this tutorial you will learn how to set this up.
Note: Using JungleMail as Internal communication tool it is not necessary to create an external site collection with enabled anonymous access. You can put the Subscription or Tracker Web Parts in separate pages in your internal site collection.
Step 1: Creating a new web application.
1. Go to Central Administration and click 'Manage Web Applications' under Application Management.
2. Click 'New'.
- Leave default Classic mode authentication value.
- We recommend creating a new IIS web site and providing a meaningful name for it.
- Use a default http port 80 and specify the host header name, under which this web site will be accessible from internet. Example:
- Don’t forget to create a new Cname or host record in DNS according to the host header you specified.
- Authentication provider: we recommend using NTLM, but you may use Kerberos if your network requires it.
- You want to allow Anonymous Access as this is a public site.
- There is no need to enable SSL, so we recommend leaving the default value.
- Under URL you will see an address by which the website will be accessible.
- EnovaPoint recommends creating a new application pool for better security and site manageability. You may create a new application pool account and register it as managed account in SharePoint.
- In the database field enter the database name that is meaningful to you. Don't use spaces. For example: WSS_Content_JungleMailExternal
- In Service Application Connections, select custom group of connections and disable all the unnecessary applications.
Step 2: Creating a new site collection.
4. Under URL, we recommend selecting an explicit path. However, if you would like to use this web application in the future for creating new site collections, you should select a default path and click 'Manage path' for creating multiple site collections.
5. The site template can be either a Team Site or a Blank Site. We recommend using a Blank Site.
Step 3: Setting up the web site anonymous access.
- Entire Web site (anonymous users can view the entire content).
- Lists and libraries (anonymous users can view items only in lists and libraries that inherit permissions from the web site).
- Nothing (anonymous users cannot access any content).
3. Select 'Entire Web Site' and click OK.