JungleBell | Installation
We hope you are excited to start! But, before you can start creating alerts you will have to install JungleBell. This tutorial will guide you through the quick and easy installation process.
Note that JungleDocs is a Farm Solution. This means that it should either be installed on a SharePoint On-Premise server or on a fully controllable SharePoint server in the cloud.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
- SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010, SharePoint Server 2013 or SharePoint Foundation 2013
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Download the latest installer from here.
- Copy the installer on the SharePoint server running the Central Administration service.
- The installation account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files);
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm);
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate the features after installation).
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) before installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the iisreset /stop /noforce and iisreset /start command line commands. This will ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
- Launch JungleBelller from SharePoint Server running Central Administration Service. The product will be automatically deployed to all other SharePoint Farm servers by the SharePoint Timer service.
Note: Installation may cause 2-5 minutes of downtime.
- Wait for installer to check if JungleBell can be installed from the current machine. And follow the installation wizard instructions.
- Wait for installer to check if JungleBell is already installed.
- Read and accept end-user license agreement.
- Select Web Applications you wish to use JungleBell from.
- Wait for the setup to complete.
- Review the Installation log to ensure that the product was installed successfully, and click Close.